Addison Global, the creators of MoPlay, are here to change the game. With a true focus on the mobile platform, we created MoPlay – the slickest betting app on the market, delivering the best online betting and gaming experience around. We’re a fast-growing and ever-expanding company, brimming with the brightest talent in the industry. Launched in August 2018, we announced our arrival in style, becoming the Official Betting Partner of Watford and global footballing giants Manchester United ahead of the 2018/19 Premier League season. In 2019, we’ve added Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga to our sponsorship rosta.
Culture is very important to us. We work hard and think big. We collaborate, we innovate and we trust each other. We work in a fast-paced environment and, in order to maintain momentum, we invest in our team’s growth and development.
We are based at the top of the Gibraltar World Trade Center, where we get to draw out our thoughts and ideas (on the walls!), where the entire company comes together in our stadium seating for weekly updates and to-do’s, and where we eat too much cake in the kitchen during our birthday celebrations
As a Scala/Java Developer at MoPlay you will be involved in the design and development of modern distributed applications: capable of scaling horizontally, serving huge numbers of concurrent customers and guaranteeing high availability.
Our systems go from normal loads to peak volumes often and in a short space of time. Sounds familiar to your favourite social media platform, doesn’t it? We too are facing the same challenges.
In this role, you will master functional programming principles and distributed models such as Actor Models, and patterns such as CQRS, to implement modern applications that respect the reactive manifesto.
What you’ll do
- Develop Akka based microservices using Scala/Java and scale them out by using the clustering and sharding capabilities
- Apply Event Sourcing, Backpressure and CQRS patterns when applicable
- Containerise microservices using Docker to improve testability, portability and deployability
- Produce property based and unit tests to help ensuring the quality of the code
- Design REST and/or Message based APIs and outline the interactions amongst them
- Provide feedback to the architects on the designs so we get to improve our architecture through experience
- Contribute on improving the development lifecycle and mentor other members of the team
Who you are
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Deep knowledge of the Actor Model and experience with the Akka Framework: including Akka HTTP, Akka Streams and Persistence
- Solid hands-on experience (3+ years) on Functional Programming or Object Oriented Programming and developing in Scala/Java
- Experience of solid testing driven development
- Containerization with Docker
The perfect candidate will also have experience with:
- Microservice oriented architecture and patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS
- Either Akka or Spring Boot Frameworks
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Mongo
- Message Brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Benchmarking and optimisation
Ours is a fast-growing and rapidly changing environment which requires creative approaches to solving complex problems. The role calls for a self-motivated, innovative problem solver who thinks fast and makes the right things happen. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for support, maintenance and upgrade of the engineering environments and infrastructure. The role also involves implementation and automation of continuous integration pipelines to support application and infrastructure development lifecycle activities and release cycles.
What you’ll do
- Build and manage infrastructure on public cloud AWS and private cloud OpenStack
- Automate infrastructure testing and deployment
- Integration of services offered by leading providers in the gaming industry, with our platforms
- Build monitoring solutions for Cloud native applications and services
- Take part in exciting challenges of building, securing and scaling API driven platforms
- Support state of the art reactive architecture
Who you are
- Experience with clouds - MUST HAVE AWS, NICE TO HAVE OpenStack
- Experience with containers technologies - MUST HAVE Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in monitoring, alerting and log management technologies NICE TO HAVE Prometheus and ELK
- Experience with messaging queues - NICE TO HAVE Kafka
- Experience with automation tools - MUST HAVE Ansible, Cloudformation and at least one scripting languages Python or Bash
- Experience with NOSQL databases - NICE TO HAVE Cassandra
- Experience with CI tools - MUST HAVE Jenkins
Purpose of the role:
Using state-of-the-art technologies and architectural patterns, our Technical Architect will influence, lead and define technical solutions that will help shape and deliver best-in-class, cross-platform, Sports and Gaming betting applications with a significant focus on user experience, performance and maintainability.
What you’ll do
- Influence, lead and develop technical solutions to support scaling the business needs
- Work closely with Business, PO / BA / Engineering teams to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are captured and delivered
- Design state-of-art and highly performant Front end architectures
- Contribute to the definition and evolution of our Reference Architecture through technical evaluations and PoCsProvide architectural guidance, validation and implementation
Who you are
- A fan of component-based and cross-platform application development
- Passionate about web technologies with particular interest in React/React Native, Redux, Flow Type, etc
- 3+ years of substantial technical experience designing and implementing highly performant, maintainable and scalable frontend applications
- Experience with Native iOS/Android and NodeJS development is desired
- Cloud-based solutions, containerization and deployment technologies are a plus
- A talkative person, who can communicate clearly to a broad audience
- Team player with constructive attitude